Last updated May 27, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- ■ Information you provide.
- ■ Information we get when you use our products services.
- ■ Information we get from third parties.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you interact with our products and services, we collect information that you provide to us. When you join our newsletter, donate, or submit a support request, we need to collect a few important details about you. We may ask you to provide your name, email address, phone number, and possibly some additional information depending on the products and/or services you use.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We use personal data for the purposes for which you have consented, and to conduct research, provide information, and ensure a quality experience for users of our products and services. For example, we use the data submitted to our platform by our users in accordance with the instructions of our users, including any applicable terms in our Terms of Service, and as required by applicable law.
- ■ We collect information about your activity through our web app. This includes which accounts you analyze, which advanced tools you use, which search filters you use, which search queries you submit, which trending topics you view, and which profiles you view.
- ■ We collect information about tweets and Twitter accounts you are viewing, and we securely transmit the Twitter handles of those accounts to our servers for analysis.
- ■ We store a local copy of our real-time analysis reports on your computer or mobile device to prevent repeated requests for the same accounts so we can improve the speed of our real-time analysis reports.
- ■ We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- ■ We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or our Services. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may tum them off in your device's settings.
Server Log Information
- ■ Details about how you’ve used our services.
- ■ Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- ■ Access times.
- ■ Pages viewed.
- ■ IP address.
- ■ Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
- ■ If you connect to our web app using the Twitter login functionality, we may receive information about your Twitter account.
- ■ App developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information to improve our services.
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION
We store various user data which includes:
- ■ Analysis reports and cookies when using our web app, browser extension, and mobile app.
- ■ Basic information like your name and email address when you donate, join our newsletter, or when you submit a support request.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide our users with better products and services. Here are the ways we do that:
- ■ Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- ■ Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- ■ Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- ■ Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- ■ Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- ■ Use the information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- ■ Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- ■ Public analysis reports which may include public information about your Twitter activity.
- ■ Public information about how you have interacted while using Twitter and what you have tweeted.
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- ■ Revoking permissions:You can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the browser extension, mobile app, or any other device if your device offers those options.
- ■ Unsubscribing:You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.